GLYNN COUNTY, GEORGIA CLASSIFICATION DESCRIPTION
CLASSIFICATION TITLE: FIELD ENGINEERING DIVISION MANAGER
PURPOSE OF CLASSIFICATION
The purpose of this classification is to oversee various aspects of county road/drainage projects, including activities involving surveying, computer-aided design, project scheduling, project management, contract administration, and inspection of new developments, contracted projects, and right-of-way projects to ensure regulatory/environmental compliance.
- The following duties are normal for this position. The omission of specific statements of the duties does not exclude them from the classification if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment for this classification. Other duties may be required and assigned.
- Supervises, directs, and evaluates assigned staff, processing employee concerns and problems, directing work, counseling, disciplining, and completing employee performance appraisals; schedules and coordinates training activities.
- Coordinates daily work activities; organizes, prioritizes, and assigns work; monitors status of work in progress and inspects completed work; consults with assigned staff, assists with complex/problem situations, and provides technical expertise.
- Ensures division compliance with all applicable codes, laws, rules, regulations, standards, policies and procedures; ensures adherence to established safety procedures; monitors work environment and use of safety equipment to ensure safety of employees and other individuals; initiates any actions necessary to correct deviations or violations.
- Interprets and applies applicable state, county, and local codes, ordinances, regulations, standards, specifications, policies and procedures, as well as approved construction plans/specifications and established safety guidelines; initiates any actions necessary to correct deviations or violations.
- Schedules and coordinates surveying, design, and inspection of county road, drainage, and sidewalk projects.
- Provides information and technical assistance concerning infrastructure projects, drainage issues, and other issues; responds to questions, concerns, or complaints; investigates problems/complaints and initiates problem resolution.
- Meets and converses with developers, engineers, contractors, utility representatives, environmentalists, citizens, and other state/county employees regarding active projects and proposed projects; provides technical assistance to construction engineers and assists with technical research.
See Full Job Description at https://glynncountyga.munisselfservice.com/employmentopportunities/default.aspx
Bachelor of Science; in civil engineering, civil/structural construction, construction management, or a closely related field; supplemented by six (6) years previous experience and/or training that includes progressively responsible civil/structural inspections, civil engineering, construction/project management, contract administration, and supervision; or any equivalent combination of education, training, and experience which provides the requisite knowledge, skills, and abilities for this job. Must possess and maintain a valid driver’s license.