The leading source of local government job opportunities in Georgia.
DAWSON COUNTY GOVERNMENT EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
Job Title: Fire Inspector
Department: Dawson County Emergency Services
Location: Dawsonville, GA 30534
Salary: $25.29 Hourly/ DOQ
Status: Full Time/Hourly/Non-Exempt
APPLICATIONS ACCEPTED UNTIL POSITION FILLED
This position performs a variety of professional duties related to community risk reduction, primarily through conducting fire and life safety inspections of proposed, new, and existing buildings. The Fire Inspector will be responsible for ensuring that building construction, occupancy, and maintenance are compliant with applicable codes and ordinances.
• Minimum certification level of Fire Inspector 1 required, Inspector 2 or higher desirable (or accredited equivalent).
• Possess working knowledge of OCGA Title 25, OCGA 120-3-3, OCGA 120-3-20 (ADA), National Fire Codes, IFC, IBC, and their applicability to permitted construction.
• Ability to interpret and apply codes and standards to field inspections.
• Life Safety Educator certification (Preferred).
• CPR Instructor certification desirable. (Preferred)
• Child Safety Seat Technician certification (Within one year of employment)
• Firefighter 1 or higher certification.
• EMT-I or higher certification (Preferred).
• Effective written and oral communication skills and the ability interact effectively with persons both internal and external to the department.
• Valid Driver’s License and a satisfactory Motor Vehicle Record (MVR), along with the ability to obtain a valid driver's license issued by the State of Georgia for the type of vehicle or equipment operated.
• Must be able to pass a background check and drug screening.
To apply, please go to our website at www.dawsoncountyga.gov and apply online. Paper applications are also available online or may be picked up in the Human Resources Department. Paper applications may be mailed or delivered to the Dawson County Human Resources Department, 25 Justice Way, Suite 2233, Dawsonville, GA 30534; Monday through Friday 8AM-5PM; or emailed to DCemployment@dawsoncountyga.gov. All applications submitted are subject to public disclosure under the Georgia Open Records Act.
Dawson County is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Drug Free Work Place.p >