GREAT 2nd PART TIME JOB
Putnam County Board of Commissioners is seeking qualified applicants for part-time Code Enforcement Officer to investigate complaints and violations, enforce county codes and ordinances, issue citations, when necessary, abate non-compliant properties throughout the county for short-term rental properties.
- Patrols the County daily to inspect for potential code violations; ensures proper maintenance of private and property, proper disposal of trash, removal of illegally parked vehicles, and removal of excess number of vehicles, boats or vessels; meets with property owners to discuss violations; issues code compliance notices and official correction notices to inform violators of discrepancies and compliance deadlines; issues citations/summonses to cite violators to court; serves citations via certified mail or in person; testifies in court as needed; and performs follow-up site inspections as needed.
- Performs investigations for possible violations; photographs evidence; contacts responsible persons, landlords or tenants and performs follow-up investigations to ensure that remedial action has been taken; develops and maintains accurate case files.
- Presents a variety of information and statistics in the form of written, graphic, or oral reports for use by elected and appointed officials, county manager involved in code enforcement matters.
- Responds to public inquiries and public nuisance abatement complaints and answers questions related to County code enforcement activities by researching, interpreting, and explaining policies and regulations; analyzes, recommends, and communicates appropriate solutions to problems; addresses customer complaints and schedules site visits.
- Deals effectively, courteously, and productively with customers.
- Works closely with homeowners, landlords, tenants, and zoning, building, and land development staff.
- Coordinates inspections and dispositions of cases with various County departments.
- Educate property owners, residents, businesses, and the public on code requirements and provide solutions for compliance.
- County vehicle, cell phone and computer provided.
High school diploma or general equivalency diploma (GED). One (1) to three (3) years of experience in code enforcement, planning and zoning, or government relations (or any equivalent combination of education, training, and experience).
The position requires a work schedule of weekend flexible hours. Compensation will be based on qualifications and the current county pay scale.
Applications are available at the Putnam County Board of Commissioners office, 117 Putnam Drive Suite 100 Eatonton, Georgia or may be accessed and printed via the county website www.putnamcountyga.us
Applications will be accepted until the position has been filled.