Macon Bibb County Government State Court is seeking to fill the position of The State Court Administrator-Clerk of Court. The incumbant manages the personnel in the Clerk’s Office, oversees the clerical operations of the Court, the finances of the Court, the technology of the Court, and the statutory and regulatory compliance of the Court. The credentials for this position include a law degree and at least 5 years of experience practicing law or similar experience. The position requires managerial skills, legal education and understanding of civil and criminal procedures, financial and technological competency, and basic skills in public relations.
The State Court Administrator-Clerk of Court shall have a law degree and at least 5 years of experience practicing law or similar experience which provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities to successfully perform the duties and responsibilities of the position.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supervise and manage the staff of the Clerk’s Office, including periodic performance reviews.
- Prepare and monitor the Court’s annual budget, and request adjustments, as needed.
- Oversee the eFiling system (PeachCourt); the Court’s Case Management System (currently eCourt); and the development, implementation, and maintenance of interfaces with the Case Management System, including e- filing, Probation, DDS, GCIC, electronic payments, Georgia State Patrol, BSO, and more to be identified to improve the use of technology.
- Strategic planning recommendations for improved efficiencies in the operation of the Court and the Clerk’s Office.
- Responsible for Human Resources matters, including current and future needs’ assessments.
- Responsible for technology resources, including current and future needs’ assessments regarding hardware (computers, copiers, monitors, imaging equipment) and software.
- Keep the Court and the Clerk’s Office current in changes in the law and new developments through participation in the Georgia Council of Court Administrators.
- Research, pursue, and administer grants to achieve objectives designated for the Court.
- Maintain and operate the Court’s audio, visual, and recording systems in the courtrooms.
- Update and maintain all information on the Court’s website.
- Act as the liaison with other courts, departments, agencies, lawyers, and the public.
- Assure the Clerk’s Office’s practices, procedures, and actions are compliant with statutory requirements.
- Identify and implement ways to simplify the public’s interaction with the Court (jurors; traffic payments).
- Evaluate and streamline processes and procedures involving the Judges, the Clerk’s Office, the Solicitors, the Probation Office, lawyers, and self-represented litigants.
- Participate in training and supervision of law student interns/externs.
- Perform all duties assign by law for the Clerk of Court.
- Oversee the creation of Court calendars, including the annual calendar and periodic criminal and civil calendars.
- Responsible for preparation and submission of appeals.
- Responsible for collection, disbursement, and accounting for all fines and fees paid to the Court, including monthly disbursement reports.
- Prepare monthly case count reports for the Judges and annual AOC case count report.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER
Macon Bibb County Government offers a generous benefits package to all regular full-time employees, as well as training and educational opportunities to enhance personal growth. We are an equal opportunity employer, join our Team! #Forwardtogether#HRTEAMMaconbibb